Wednesday, June 22, 2011

trust

there are moments in life where you are thrown a curveball.  if i was a baseball player, i would definitely want to avoid these pitches at all cost--they are impossible to hit off of and most of the time end up with one team victorious and the other sitting in a puddle of disappointment.  well, this girl has been thrown a curveball and i refuse for the pitcher of this play to succeed in my demise! 

as many of you know, and if you read previous posts you could find out, i am leaving for africa in exactly 2 days and a handful of hours. the number one thing on anyone's checklist when traveling abroad should be what?  that's right: a passport.  not only that but also a visa. guess what this girl is sitting at home without...you guessed it!  long story short i parted with my passport a month ago, traveling to the kenya embassy in new york; a requirement for my visa; a requirement for my entrance to kenya.

a month later, my visa and passport have yet to arrive.  what many of you are screaming at your computer right now (kind of like you scream at the damsel in distress in the scary movies before she throws herself into the bad guy's hands) is, "are you crazy, call them, do something..."  well, of course, i have. multiple times. they know me by name. 

sitting in the raw moment of uncertainty that plagues me, what i am reminded of is this is pretty much out of my control. what pitch the hitter is dealt is out of their control. my dear friend melanie, who just so happens to be in kenya at this very moment commented on her blog today that God always provides. in everything. period. God will provide. he has guided me to this moment, and he will see me through it. my perspective, my attitude, my response toward this moment of uncertainty that could drive me insane and darken the joy that has been set before me is in my hands.  so i choose to believe and to trust.  

to be continued...

2 comments:

  1. When a pitcher throws a curveball, the seams on the baseball will create a distinguishable dot. As with anything else, hitting a curveball takes practice and training your eye to see the "dot". It sounds to me like you have already trained your eye to see the dot when life is throwing you a curve. Have been and will continue to pray for ya girl!

    ReplyDelete